The Next Stop Co. is going coastal! After (unintentionally) investing in several mountain markets, we’ve finally ventured into our first beach investment property.
Say hello to proud new residents of Oak Island, NC!
Before I get ahead of myself, (because I know you’re dying to see the house right?) let me start by saying…
there isn’t one.
We searched high and low for months, not only to find the best beach town but also to find the best property. Turns out we couldn’t find both. So, we took matters into our own hands and instead found THE BEST beach lot in THE BEST beach town.
Say hello to paradise!
We fell in love with The Point, which is on the west end of the island facing Holden Beach, NC. Our property boasts ocean and sound views with the most breathtaking sunsets imaginable!
Our plan is to custom build a beach house on the lot that fits our future guest’s needs, while maximizing the 360 degree views. We’ve learned so much over the years from becoming Airbnb Superhosts, talking with other vacation rental investors, and staying at properties ourselves that we have a solid grasp on all the vacation property ‘must haves’.
There are dozens of beach towns up and down the East Coast, but here’s why we chose Oak Island, NC:
1. Our primary residence is in Charlotte, NC, and while we considered other amazing locations such as Outer Banks, NC, the 6+ hour drive just didn’t make sense for us. Oak Island is only a 3.5 hour drive for us – a huge win for us living on the Western part of the state!
2. If you haven’t vacationed on the NC coast, you may not know how many quaint beach towns there are. While we still consider Oak Island to be one of them, it is certainly growing and being recognized as one of the best beaches on the East Coast. We are excited for what’s to come!
3. Speaking of quaint, just a few minutes down the road from Oak Island you can find Southport, NC. This picture perfect town is known for its charm and has attracted visitors across the nation. You may recognize Southport as the home of several movies such as “Safe Haven” and ” A Walk To Remember.”
4. Golfing, fishing, boating, visiting the Oak Island Light House, the list of attractions on the island are endless! There are also many locally owned favorites such as KoKo Cabana and Island Jo’s Coffee that we love visiting & know our future guests will too!
5. Through our property search, we visited several beach towns and toured more homes then I can count. What stood out about Oak Island, and primarily The Point where we purchased, was the space that the homes and lots provided. No one wants to feel like they are right beside their neighbors, am I right?
Needless to say, we are happy with our purchase and can’t wait for the memories we will make in this special place. Follow along as we share updates throughout the build process. Next Stop: Oak Island!!!!
Back to the top